Dr. Zax can create a beautiful smile for you by disguising healthy, but stained or slightly crooked teeth with dazzling high-quality veneers that made average teeth look exceptional!
If you have discolored or dull teeth, we offer both in-office and at-home teeth whitening systems to restore your smile. This simple procedure is used to change the color of the natural tooth enamel. We can fit you with custom trays and provide special whitening solution that you will use over a few weeks. If adjustments are needed, we can make them in subsequent appointments.
This relatively simple process uses high-quality restorative materials to change crooked, broken or unsightly teeth into attractive ones by creating a smooth, natural finish over damaged or stained teeth.
Crowded teeth with ragged biting edges. Due to placement, the retruded tooth, often in shadow, looks like it is not even present in photos.
In just one office visit, using composite resin, teeth were restored.
Patient commented, “I don’t know why I didn’t do this years ago!”. Later she also emailed… “I am still looking in the mirror every chance I get…my husband said “Oh, wow” with a big smile and is still complementing me…”
Laser dentistry is quickly becoming a revolutionary aid in fighting the diseases that challenge dentists on a daily basis. Advanced Dental Technology of Ithaca II PLLC proudly offers this service that allows our team to treat dental soft tissue ailments more comfortably for our patients. We were the first office in the Finger Lakes region to incorporate the use of lasers in dentistry.
With laser dentistry, there’s less risk of infection and less bleeding compared to conventional methods, and in many cases, procedures can be completed without dental anesthesia. Another benefit is that lasers can promote healing of the periodontal tissues that are associated with gum disease.
Benefits to Laser Dentistry
- Wounds heal quicker because the tissue regenerates faster
- Laser sterilizes the affected area and decreases the chance for bacterial infection
- Procedures using soft tissue lasers may not need stitches
- High-energy lasers aids in clotting, which inhibits bleeding and blood loss
Soft Tissue Laser Procedures
- Access decayed areas of the tooth below the gumline
- Biopsy of soft tissue growths without the need for stitches since the laser cuts and cauterizes at the same time
- Easier healing following treatment than conventional surgery, likely due to the laser’s sealing of the nerve endings
- Crown lengthening to access sound tooth structure to retain a new crown
- Frenectomy when needed due to loss of sufficient gum tissue or preventing teeth from coming together
- Promote healing and decrease discomfort from oral sores
- Balancing gumline levels
- Epulis (soft tissue folds resulting from ill-fitted dentures)
Monday - Thursday
8:00 AM - 4:45 PM